Frequently Asked Questions


I have a question about my royalty check.  Whom do I contact?

If you choose to inquire by phone, please dial 903-705-1567. A return phone call can be expected within 2 business days. Otherwise, please contact:

SEM OPERATING COMPANY LLC                                 Email:

909 ESE Loop 323, Suite 777                                             Phone:   +1 800-251-3962  

Tyler, Texas 75701                                                                Fax:       +1 903 526 5477


What is a Division Order?

A division order is a directive signed by the royalty owner verifying the purchaser or operator of a well and the decimal interest of production owned by the royalty owner.  Also, it provides the owner’s address and tax identification number (TIN).


What happens if I change my address or marital status?

Address changes must be received in writing and must include the signature of the mineral owner.  Please send changes to SEM Operating Company LLC, 909 ESE Loop 323, Suite 777, Tyler, TX 75701 Attention: Jennifer Hamm.  Include, as applicable, your old/new name, old/new address, and signature.  Please include the last 4 digits of your social security number for verification.  Please send a copy of your marriage certificate or divorce decree to update your name as a result of change of marital status.  


What happens when the interest owner of a property dies?

Once notified, the deceased owner’s revenue will be held in suspense until receipt of the proper probate documents or affidavit of death and heirship is received.  Upon notifying SEM Operating you will receive directions describing what must be received to transfer the interest of the deceased owner to the appropriate parties.


Where can I research unclaimed funds?

Each state makes an effort to locate rightful owners of production revenues through a single organization, holding the funds forever until the owner is found.  To locate and collect unclaimed funds, please visit the National Association of Unclaimed Property Administrators (NAUPA) website at


What type of annual statements will I receive?

Royalty interest owners receiving more than $10, and working-interest owners receiving more than $600 annually, receive IRS Form 1099.  This summarizes your total payments and tax withholdings for the previous year.


What do I do if my check is lost or stolen?

If your check is lost or stolen, call Kristi Gordon, Accountant  at 903-526-5800, extension 0845 or Samantha Fields extension 1567, Revenue/Production Accountant.


When are royalty payments suspended?

For your protection, royalty payments are suspended upon a title dispute, the assignment of interest, notice of death, transfer of property, or in the event of no known address.  Keeping your information current can prevent this inconvenience.


What state regulatory agency can I contact regarding my property?

Texas Railroad Commission 

Phone: 512-463-7200

Web: www.RRC.state.TX.US/


When will I be paid?

Most royalty owners will receive a monthly check.  Small amounts are accumulated and paid as stated in your division order, usually $50, or at year-end (whichever comes first).  Most states also have laws that affect this policy.


Click here to download the above FAQs.